Best Barcode Printers – How to Choose?
Barcode is system of coded scheme with thick and thin lines of encrypted data printed on labels, meaning some useful information and data for computer based management and mainly for billing and accounting purposes commercially. Barcodes are decoded into meaningful data using special decoding scanners with relevant software used in it. These codes can either be generated or printed by the user at the site for small to medium applications and for industrial use or day to day bulk usage can be outsourced. However usage based barcode label printers are available in the market to match the application needs.
Barcode printers or thermal printers are available in the market along with the proper software for its use to generate the codes and printing on the labels. Depending on the needs of usage application different configurations of barcode printers are designed and sold in the market. A desktop printer or lower order industrial model may serve well for light duty, low volume label printing jobs. But high performance barcode printer model may be required for continuous printing in industrial environments. Printers of this type come with a simple label creating barcode software but for database driven label content creation jobs, then the basic software is to upgraded or one has to go for the appropriate software for the printer.
Zebra the Top Brand Label Printers:
Zebra manufactures and supplies variety of barcode printers, RFID printers, barcode labels, barcode ribbons and is leader in the barcode printing industry. Particularly in the category of label printing following models are marketed by Zebra Label Printers for variety of uses.
- Desk Top & Card Printers – useful for small scale usages in malls and shops
- High Performance – Suitable for high volume industrial environment
- Industrial and Commercial – fit for use in ware house and inventory management applications
- RFID Printers Encoders – mainly used in measurement based applications
- Mobile Printers – comfortable label printers to be used while on the move.
- Color Printers – Enables to print barcodes and matching images in color
- Barcode Software – When the printer doesn’t support, this is to be installed and used.
Above printers are designed based on the type of applications used.